College Planning of Greater Long Beach
HELP (562) 366-4803
Our goal is to guide your family through all phases of the intimidating and complex college entrance process, help your college bound student choose the best college for them, make sure that you pay the minimum amount possible for college and help you determine the best way to pay your share without killing your retirement plans.
• Personality Profile Evaluation • Advanced Search Of Careers, Majors & Studies Based On Specific Student Interests
• Innovative College Search Based On Demographics And Personalized Areas Of Importance
Personalized Private Student Interview – Designed By a Ph.D., an M.I.T. Graduate & Former University Professor Extremely Knowledgeable About Admissions Practices
• The interview will be conducted by a NACAC Certified Counselor – many who were previously Admission Officers at Major Universities Across the Country
• Written Report Will Be Provided To The Parent & Advisor Along With A Summary Of The Interview & Recommendations For The Student
SAT Prep Course Entitled “The Little-Known Secrets of Acing the SAT!”
• This “cliff notes” SAT Prep Course has eliminated the “filler” of most SAT Prep courses and just focuses on the most essential key strategies of how to ace the SAT!
• On average, students who have participated in this course have increased their SAT scores by 150 to 200 POINTS!
ACT Prep Course Entitled "Everything You Must Know To Master the ACT!"
• This "cliff notes" ACT Prep Course will give you the treasure chest of tips and strategies on how to master the ACT!
• On average, students who have participated in this course have increased their ACT scores by 4 Points!
Personalized College Scholarship Eligibility Report
• Know EXACTLY which merit-based college scholarships your student will be eligible for
• This report, in conjunction with our proprietary SAT/ACT courses, can be worth thousands of dollars in additional merit-based aid.
Admission Application Review
• Our very own Admissions Consultants will review your Admission Application to make sure everything is the way it should be.
Admission Essay Review
• A NACAC Certified Counselor will review, edit & critique up to 3 essays for your student.
• Essays are an essential part of the college admissions process, and often times are the student's only real chance to shine.
In-Depth Personalized Analysis on your Chances of Enrollment at up to 4 colleges
• Know in advance your chances of admission at over 150 of the nation's Top Colleges (including the Ivy League!), with a 94% accuracy rate!!!
• Developed by Ivy League educated experts that assess hundreds of variables-- from extracurricular activities to GPA-- and informs you how likely you are to get into each college.
• Stop sweating bullets and losing sleep wondering if you've got a shot at an admission!
• Unlike many counselors who use broad labels such as "reach" or "safety" schools, our report quantifies your chances of getting in using percentages. We combine our admissions expertise with advanced statistical analysis to give you your probably of admission at the colleges you are considering. Knowing whether you have an 83% chance of getting into a college or a 35% chance enables you to make the best and most informed application decision.
Follow-Up Student / Parent Q&A Interview with your own private NACAC Counselor/Admissions Coach
• You will have access to a personalized Q&A follow-up interview with your NACAC Certified Counselor / Admissions where both the student and parents can ask ANY follow-up questions you have about schools, admissions, Coach applications, and things you need to be doing now that you're down to the wire, etc.
COLLEGE FUNDING STRATEGIES
• Calculate Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
• Provide Planning Recommendations To Reduce EFC
• Provide Financial Aid Award Estimates For An Unlimited Number of Schools, & Recommend Additional Schools To Be Considered
• Provide Recommendations For The Best Way To Pay Your Share Of College Costs
• Provide Tax-Efficient Borrowing Strategies To Help Keep Financial Goals In Line, Along With
Cash Flow Strategies for College Years & Beyond
• Provide Complete Financial Overview On College, Taxes, Cash Flow, Retirement & Develop A Plan To Improve Each Area
• Provide Strategies That Legally Protect Your Savings & Retirement Accounts From The Financial Aid Formulas
• Provide Strategies On How To Possibly Use Your Home Equity So That It Helps, Rather Than Hurts, In The Financial Aid Formulas
• Provide Proprietary Tax Scholarship Information
FINANCIAL AID DATA GATHERING AND PROCESSING
• College Planning Checklist With All Timelines & Deadlines That Is Updated Electronically & E-Mailed Every Time Something Is Completed &/Or Missing
• Free Bonus – Complete Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Register Your Student For The CSS PROFILE
• Complete CSS PROFILE & Walk Families Through All Supporting Documentation
• Complete Any Additional Forms Required By The Individual Schools
• Confirm The Accuracy Of The Student Aid Report (SAR)
• Make Any Necessary Adjustments To The SAR
• Advise and Counsel on Stafford and PLUS Loan Applications
• Provide Protection From Being Overlooked For Grants, Scholarships Or Loans Due To Mistakes In Your Financial Aid Forms
• Spreadsheet Up To 3 Award Letters And Professionally Evaluate If Your Offer Was Fair
• Provide Tested Appeal Letters If You Were Under-Awarded
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
• Sponsor “Client-Only” Teleconferences Throughout the Year For Parents & Students On Topics Ranging From Essay Writing To Admission Tips
• Provide Easy-To-Use Parent & Student Handbook
• Provide a Monthly E-Letter To Parents & Students To Keep Them Updated On Everything They Need To Be Aware Of Along The Way With A Weekly College Funding “Tip of the Week”
• Automatic E-Mails Submitted Monthly To Both Parents & Students On What They Need To Be Doing That Month To Maximize Their College Admissions And Financial Aid Results
• Personalized Financial Aid FAQ Page
• Interactive Online Page For Each Parent / Student • Provide Parent / Student Feedback On Specific Colleges
• Unlimited Support For Parents & Students
• Bonus Item: Copy Of Our “Student Handbook For Success”
• Bonus Item: Copy Of Our “College Admissions Boot Camp Handbook”
• A One-Stop Shop to Always Have Your Questions Answered With Personalized Contact
• Provide “Peace of Mind”